· Guests Online: 6

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 372
· Newest Member: Dorathy Boulden

View Thread

Print Thread
Jail List
LuLu
I have a comment on the who’s in jail list, I use to check it everyday now only once in a while and I have seen some of the people who are supposed to be in jail out on the street, I understand that the list is not updated everyday and mistakes happen but if someone had committed a crime against me I would like to feel some sort of comfort knowing that I could come and look at a updated/correct jail registry.
Don't hate stupid people! They can't help it!

administrator
I am the only one that can change the jail list as it is a fairly complicated affair. I (and my child) was sick all last week and I was unable to update the list as it requires that i come to the office. Normally the jail list is updated every day monday through friday except on holidays.

Sorry.
Juan Reyes - Deputy

LuLu
I'm sorry to hear that you and your child were sick, I hope your feeling better but I think you missed my point. I am more concerned with it being correct than being updated everyday Frown

administrator
I think i understand. You wrote " I am more concerned with it being correct than being updated everyday" The only way it can be "correct" every time you look at it would be not only to update it every day but to update it every thirty minutes or so. Lets call this "real time" updating.
The current jail list is correct - when it is generated, which is why there is always a date and time on the list to tell you when it was made.

In order to make it "real time" we would have to give web access to our system database. The system database has photos, DOB, SS#s, address, phone numbers, complete names .......a lot of sensitive information. To allow web access to this system database for a simple update would be tantamount to sending invitations to all the thieves in Union County to come to your house when you go on vacation. The same for the warrant list.
We feel that we are obligated to keep this information secure. I checked in to all the ways that these lists could be done. The most secure way is to update them manually - which i try to do. This required some concession as to "timelyness" but given the totality it is the best solution for now.

LuLu
This is what I mean by being correct. I have seen people who are on the "jail list", out of jail and their names were still on the list even after it was updated! Sometimes it had been updated more than onceShock

Ken Jones
I got an idea.... We might just do anyway with it if it is going to cause issues. It never was meant to be an official list. I do get your points and seeing someone on the list and out on the streets my be an issue in regards to this list I need to think about.

LuLu
Sheriff your comment is the reason this website is not what it could be. People are worried what you think and scared of what you might do.

Ken Jones
This website was my idea, and the jail list and the warrant list and should I go on? Now Juan and Poppa made it happen. They should be concerned with what I think how would it work any other way? In turn I am concerned with what they think.. Thats how we got to were we are. As to the list, it has been under study for sometime as to how to make it up to date all the time.

administrator
I have seen people who are on the "jail list", out of jail and their names were still on the list even after it was updated! Sometimes it had been updated

The jail list is not a hand made list. It is generated by the system that keeps track of the jail poplulation. The list from the computer is what is used to do a head count several times a day. It is impossible for someone to be on the list and out of jail as of the time the list is updated - as our head count would be off and we would go in to lock down until we found exactly who was missing.

You may see someone who was in jail in the morning but gets out in the afternoon on the list. As the list is only updated once a day, when the list is updated their name will not be on the list. You will never see someone on the list who was not in jail as of the creation of the list.

lilmomma
don't let a hater spoil everybody fun the jail list is nice and i enjoy it everytime i look at it with different people so what she stressing Sad

administrator
I guess to update this thread.
The jail list of who is in jail is now instantaneous. With photos being uploaded every three minutes.

The warrant list is still just once a day for now.Wink

ldmama71730
This is a very nice website. One I'm sure that has taken a lot of work and time to get it to where it is. Keep up the good work.

Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.24 seconds
4,581,304 unique visits