· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 375
· Newest Member: Tammy2811

View Thread

Union County Sheriff's Office » General Discussion -Public » General Discussion
 Print Thread
Congrats To The "Stormwatchers"
DIXIEPEARL
Hey everyone, this is my first post here and first I want to say I've been reading for a while and I really enjoy the site....Good Job.

One day last week I heard the Sheriff on the radio station talking about the stormwatching system we have here in Union County and I'd like to tell my experience. Tonight, as I type a storm has just blown through here and as usual, we headed to a more sturdy structure...my Inlaws. My Brother In Law is one of these stormwatchers and it's really neat to watch whenever there's a storm approaching. While he was at his house looking at the most up to date radar on the computer, he had the Sheriff on the phone, and at other times he was talking to deputies who were in the "brunt" of the storm and keeping them apprised of where the storm was and what the Nat'l Weather Svc was saying about what they should be expecting. We could know when it was safe to head back home by knowing what the deputies were reporting. In the past, when we've had tornadoes, I've seen him throw on his S & R jacket and run out the door when there were roads blocked and injured people on Iron Mt Road and "Rushwood" I think is the name of it. I have seen in his vehicle the supplies he has to be ready when the call comes. As I was watching him tonight, it was relieving to know we not only have deputies with their eyes in the sky, but also private individuals out there just like my BIL around the county. Even though it was after 10pm and folks are tired...they're still there, watching out for us all. The more eyes in the sky the better when it comes to thunderstorms, tornadoes, etc. Thanks to EVERYONE who participates in this and please keep up the good work.

Ken Jones
Thank you for your comments. The Search & Rescue folks are really doing a good job with this new system of watching and responding in time of bad storms.

DIXIEPEARL
So it was another busy night for the weather watchers tonight. I hope everyone is safe. Thanks Sheriff for your comments, they have alot of reason to be proud.
Sincerely,
DIXIEPEARL

If you act like Jack Bauer {24}...I'd never tell.

The Boogieman checks his closet for Jack Bauer each night.

Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.62 seconds
4,771,101 unique visits