· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 359
· Newest Member: eli

View Thread

Print Thread
County job
brandon
Hello,
First off thank you for accepting me to the forum as i do like to check this website often.
I'm currently interested in getting a job at UCSO. Not sure what i want to do but i'm going to college to get an associate in criminal justice. I only have 3 semesters left and am wanting to start my career in the CJ system early. Rite now i'm 19 and looking to start gaining experience in this early so that i can make this a good career and start learning by experience. which in my opinion is the best way to learn any form of job Smile
What i'm wanting to know is the over all or basic setups to starting a career. And if you would post a link or post here what are the requirements for working at the jail or for the UCSO in general.
Thanks for the reply's in advanced.
J. Estes

James Greer
We appreciate your interest in the Union County Sheriff's Office. A career in law enforcement can be a rewarding one and exciting at times, but like most other jobs, you get out of it what you put into it. It does take a dedicated and committed person to get in this line of work, since many times the rewards do not come in the form of a paycheck, but the satisfaction of performing a service to the community in which we live. With that being said, we are always looking for motivated and dedicated individuals to join our staff. The minimum requirements, as required by the state of Arkansas, are:

a. Be a citizen of the United States.
b. Be at least 18 years of age.
c. Be free of felony record. A felony record shall mean having entered a plea of guilty, been found guilty, or otherwise having been convicted of an offense, the punishment for which could have been imprisonment in a federal penitentiary or a state penitentiary. The fact that an individual has received a pardon, or their record has been expunged shall not release the individual from having a felony record for the purposes of this regulation.
d. Be of good character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
e. Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development (GED) Test indicating high school graduation level.
f. Be interviewed personally prior to employment by the Sheriff or his representative, or representatives, to determine such things as the applicant's motivation, appearance, demeanor, attitude and ability to communicate.
g. Possess a valid driver's license.

The standard application used by the state of Arkansas can be found by following this link: http://www.unionc...F3scan.pdf or by visiting the downloads section of this site. We also have copies at the front desk at the sheriff's office.

Thanks again for your interest. We all wish you the best in your career.
Edited by James Greer on September 03 2011 08:56

brandon
thank you for the reply. ill be sure to start the application process as soon as i finish this degree.
J. Estes

Jump to Forum:
Render time: 1.17 seconds
3,905,318 unique visits