· Guests Online: 4

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 372
· Newest Member: Dorathy Boulden

View Thread

Print Thread
SAR Meetings Information
JBurdue
The last meeting was held on 4-10 at the UCSO and John taught a NIMS class to the members present. This will meet the requirements for ADEM and NIMS compliance; however, anyone that is on the team that has not had this course needs to contact John, Fred, or Lawerence to schedule a class so all of the team members will be trained.

The next meeting will be on may 8th at the UCSO.
A Boating and safety course is scheduled for the new members and anyone that has not had this class, if you have already had this class other training is scheduled. Please plan to attend because we are starting to prepare for the summer season and need all team members up to date on training and information.

J. Burdue

JBurdue
The meeting consisted of:

going to two meetings a month, next meeting is on 6-26

Review classes were taught in 1st reponder.

A K9 training video was presented by John B. from the recent K9 conference he attended, and discussion on flanking a K9 team in the field was talked about.

A practical exercise was conducted in SAR management and victim rescue.

A request was made for volunteers for a show and tell next week at the Boy Scout camp: contact Fred or Lawerence if you need futher info.

Johnny Brewer brought some medical supplies by for team members, they will be distributed.

John Burdue

JBurdue
The on going schedule for UCSAR meetings is the 2nd and 4th mondays of the month.

So please plan to attend on these days so training can continue and everyone can stay up to date.

Thanks

John Burdue

JBurdue
I want to remind all team members that the next meeting in on 9-11 and I hope to have a full turnout. We will be deciding on some up-comming training. Also, if you have any suggestions for training or other UCSAR business please let it be known so we can advance our team in in a positive direction.

I will be planning a field exercise due to hunting seasons starting. Also a reminder that we are on a bi-monthly meeting schedule, we meet on the 2nd and 4th mondays of the month unless otherwise noted.

There will also be a meeting/training schedule developed and distributed to team members so that it will be easier to plan for activities.

JBurdue
I hope to see more faces at the Nov. meeting. There will be classes on Land Nav so please bring: compass, maps, GPS or any related equipment that you have and be prepared to partcipate.

NealJ
Thanks for the info John. I should be at the next one.

JBurdue
There was a very poor turnout for the first meeting of 07. There will be a ICS 100 class given at the Feb meeting. this is a training requirement for FEMA, so make plans to attend. Futher info about training will be dicussed at the Feb meeting. If you have a specific topic or exercise for training please let Fred or Lawrence know as soon as possible. I hope to up-grade our field/practical training and try to get our unit mission ready. All of the members support will be needed to accomplish this task.

John Burdue UCSAR

Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.24 seconds
4,581,675 unique visits