Fraud Alert - General
Posted on May 22 2006 22:48
The FBI, through the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) fielded the following information:
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you could be involved in a fraud or about to be scammed!!
1. Is the CHECK from an item you sold on the Internet such as a car, boat, jewelry, etc.?
2. Is the amount of hte CHECK more than the items selling price?
3. Did you receive the CHECK via an overnight delivery service?
4. Is the CHECK connected to communication with someone by e-mail?
5. IS the CHECK drawn on a business or individual acount that is different rom the person buying your item or product?
6. Have you been informed that you were the winner of a LOTTERY , such as the Canadian, Australian, El Gordo, or El Mundo that you did not enter?
7. Hve you been instructed to either "WIRE", "SEND", or "SHIP" MONEY as soon as possible, to a large US city or another country such as Canada, England, or Nigeria?
8. Have you been asked to PAY money to receive a deposit from another country such as Canada, England, or Nigeria?
9. Are you receiving PAY or a COMMISSION for facilitating money transfers through your account?
10. Did you respond to an email requestion you to CONFIRM, UPDATE, or PROVIDE your bank account information?
If you have answered yes to any of these items you may be involved in a fraudulent sceme or may be the victim of an identity theft. Contact your bank personel and get a credit history.
|Jump to Forum: