· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 372
· Newest Member: Dorathy Boulden

View Thread

Union County Sheriff's Office » General Discussion -Public » Jail
 Print Thread
Jailor Certification
bhinchey
Here's a rather odd question I can't seem to get answered, but I am currrently a Corrections Officer with the Travis County Sheriff Dept in Texas and will be getting a Jailors License from TCLEOSE (Texas certification for Peace Officers and CO's). My wife and I are thinking about moving back to Arkansas (Union/Miller Counties are the top two ideas right now) and I was wondering if my Jailors license would clear me to work Jails in Arkansas.
I know the actual academy I will be going through is about 7 weeks and theres a certain amount of hours that one must go through in order to obtain a Jailors license.

Thanks much for any advice.

Ken Jones
I'm not sure but it should , we could check

John Williams
You can go to work if you have a clean record with no certification. We have a jailor course that is very short and compact that will totally certify you to work at our facility. You can obtain that after you are employed with us. You must get our certification but not needed to begin employment with us. If you move to this area feel free to stop by we are always looking for good employee prospects. Thanks for your question.

Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.30 seconds
4,553,730 unique visits