· Guests Online: 3

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 372
· Newest Member: Dorathy Boulden

View Thread

Print Thread
K9 Team
JBurdue
The K9 team will start to increase training now that hunting season is about to end. If you are interested in helping with training, or would just like to learn more about K9 SAR please let me know.

Our next conference will be at the Piney Creek SAR conference in Pope county AR in May

Roy Dison
Everyone that was at last meeting got to see the dogs at work . I was rather impressed at there abilites . just wanted yall to know. any time yall need help let me know

JBurdue
Thanks for the feedback Roy, and we plan to increase training with the K9s due to Hunting season ending. If anyone wants to learn more about our K9s, and would be interested in becoming a flanker please let me know.

JBurdue
The UCSAR K9 team members, Cody and John with K9s Bindy and Savanna, will travel to north Arkansas for a 3 day conference on may 19-21. We will work in conjunction with other teams from around the country. We will also work with the trailing-tracking teams on a combined search effort. This a conference that we attended last year and is a great learning and sharing experience. We intend to bring back some good SAR training to share with the unit.

JBurdue
The K9 team completed three days of training at the Piney Creek K9 SAR confrence. We completed more than 24 hrs field and class time. I had a chance to meet and network with various K9 teams from several states, and learned how they train and respond. Our two K9's, "Bindy" and "Savanna", did an excellent job and all who seen them work were quite impressed. I have been invited to travel to Washington county to advise the SAR team there about Air-Scent Wilderness Search K9s. one of their members shadowed me on some training and requested our help, so I plan to do my best to make that happen. I will up-date the UCSAR team at the next meeting on what we learned and how we can improrve our team.

Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.16 seconds
4,576,590 unique visits